Saturday, March 8, 2014

About This Blog

Sepia 6-pounderLet me apologize in advance for the infrequent posting. A weird opening sentence in the first post of a new blog, but based on past experience I already know how it's going to go. I'll get very passionate and post several days in a row, then go a month of Sundays between posts.

The good news is that none of this is very time-sensitive, more the gradual telling of a big story, the story of Chattanooga's part in the Civil War.

Also, let me apologize. I don't have a fancy history degree or anything. I'm just a rube, a self-taught amateur, but I'll tell the story the best I can.

This blog is the next step in the evolution of whatever this turns out to be. My prior blog was Civil War Meanderings. I'm going to count that one as dead and move on. (Offer subject to change.) I'll reuse some of the same material, but this blog should be more sharply focused on Chattanooga's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment